Limu Love Boardshorts
Limu Love Boardshorts
Did you know that 2022 was proclaimed as the "Year of the Limu" in Hawaii? Limu was an integral part of the traditional Hawaiian diet, was used for medicinal, religious, and cultural purposes, and plays a significant role in our freshwater and saltwater habitats. Unfortunately, many invasive species have taken over and efforts to restore native limu populations are underway.
As part of our Kakoo Collection, a portion of the sales from this collection will be donated to the Waimanalo Limu Hui, a community based group who seek to replenish the once bountiful supply of limu found in Waimanalo Bay.
I asked Under the Moon Designs to help bring this collection to life by painting limu lipoa, limu kohu, limu pakeleawaaa, and limu manauea. We focused on some popular limu for eating.
Some fun facts:
- The leafy, golden limu lipoa is known as one of the Hawaiians’ favorite eating seaweeds, used to be widespread around Oahu, including Waikiki (Read more about Limu Lipoa poa here).
- Limu Kohu is another prized seaweed for poke and is very expensive. Today it is close to extinction. (Read more about Limu Kohu here)
- Did you know Limu pakeleawaa was a favorite of Queen Liliuokalani? According to old Hawaiian Newspapers, she transplanted the limu from Lahaina to Waikiki in order to cultivate the species on Oahu (Read more about Limu Pakeleawaa here).
- Limu Manauea is a common seaweed, sometimes called ogo, and is popular for eating (Read more about Limu Manauea here).
- Limu Palahalahala is one of the most common seaweeds found in Hawaiian waters and is also called sea lettuce (Read more about Limu Palahalahala here).
We are stoked to have a swim line that is eco-friendly and uses recycled materials. These shorts are made for the little braddahs that are headed to the beach (or pool)! They are comfortable enough to use as everyday shorts too!
We adjusted the cut of these shorts from our original boardshorts and these now include a tie front and zippered back pocket.
- Quick dry & moisture-wicking
- 4 way stretch
- 92% Recycled Polyester, 8% Spandex
- Tagless Design - Heat press label on inside back of shorts
- Digitally printed - shorts may have tiny print imperfections due to the nature of the printing process
**Actual colors may vary. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor or phone has a different capability to display colors and that everyone sees these colors differently.**
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
As of April 15, 2022, The Keiki Dept. will offer returns for shop credit only (Purchases made prior to this date are considered all sales final). Do to small batch runs of our products, we do not offer exchanges for any reason (you can use your shop credit to place a new order). Please note, we will not refund your order's shipping costs.
We also value customer satisfaction. If your item is defective please contact us within 7 days of receiving your item. We will replace defective merchandise at no cost to the buyer. In the event the item is unavailable for replacement, we will work with the customer on a case-by-case basis to find a solution.
FINAL SALE ITEMS
- Any items purchased on sale, with a discount code, a bundle option, or through a promotion are FINAL SALE and may not be returned or exchanged.
- We do not offer price adjustments after an order is placed.
PURCHASES MADE AT AN IN-PERSON EVENT
- Any items purchased at an in-person event are considered FINAL SALE. They may not be returned or exchanged.
PURCHASES MADE THROUGH A RETAILER
- Any items purchased through a retailer must be returned or exchanged through that retailer according to their policy.
The Keiki Dept. LLC is not responsible for returned & lost packages. Read our shipping policy here.
To start the return of an item,
1. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number in the subject and reason for the return.
2. Pack your order carefully and ship it back within 7 days of receiving your item (according to tracking). Be sure to include your name, email address, order number and reason for return in your return package with your items.
We recommend insuring your package and saving your tracking number. Ship your return to:
The Keiki Dept.
ATTN: Return Department
98-027 Hekaha St. Suite 42
Aiea, HI 96701
3. Once we receive your return, the merchandise will be quality inspected. Returns will be processed within 7 business days of receipt and store credit will be issued (minus the cost of shipping) to the email address on file. The Keiki Dept. LLC is not responsible for lost or misdirected returns and exchanges.
Items returned must be unworn, unsoiled and in perfect condition and tags in place. Items that have been soiled, mishandled, abused, laundered, missing tags and not in brand new condition will be returned to the purchaser. The purchaser will be charged for the return of the shipment.
By placing an order on http://www.thekeikidept.com, the customer accepts all terms of this Return Policy.